Community Building Program
For the Rebuilding of the Indigenous Community. (Please read
the entire note. This is more than a post about the regurgitation of the obvious).
10 things that have become our biggest stumbling blocks and are preventing
us from the creation of functional communities are:
1. The modern, seemingly innate, need to be a trend setter or to create something
new where said creation can revolve around us.
2. Our inability to commit to sincere sacrifice for what others are already doing.
3. The lack of realistic and functional goals.
4. Our rejection of functional elders who have proven themselves through a long
record of experience, just because we don't like what they're saying.
5. The illusion that YAH will help us by osmosis.
6. The idea that complaining to each other-in unison, stating the obvious
constantly, will do anything but waste time and energy.
7. The idea that religious fanaticism alone produces functionality.
8. Entertaining fanaticism and false doctrine, either by argument or promotion,
and therefore wasting our time... giving fuel to the fire.
9. Our loyalty to idiots just because they have the same color skin, while
simultaneously hating good people because they don't.
10. Our denial; usually rooted in our lack of ability or unwillingness to get off
As a hopeful solution, or the beginning of one, we at LocalLands Edat are
prepared to make an offer to all Torah obedient Believers... and of course those
who have conquered the shortcomings listed above.
We will send a representative from our farm for a minimum of one week, free of
charge, to any organization that is attempting to do any of the following
*put together a community
*improve upon a community already in place
*restore a former community
Your community project MUST have:
At least 10 committed and adult participants with "boots to the ground”, so
to speak, that have been in or are moving to the community within 6 months.
These members must also be there the entire time our rep is there.
Land for commerce and community - at least 1 acre
Land for the production of food - at least 5 acres (more for livestock)
Room, board and travel accommodations for the Local Lands Rep
What we will offer assistance in:
The creation of a functional infrastructure
Plans for roads, housing, farming
Irrigation essentials for human, animal and plant
Plumbing and Electrical infrastructure
Schools and meeting places
Plans for self sustaining homes
Food: the ability to feed the community
We also offer internship programs where many disciplines can be learned firsthand. Contact us for more information
Self Sustaining commerce through agriculture
Wholesale & Restaurant Services
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
USDA & FSA Permits & Licensing
Leadership in the form of a council or governing body
The creation of a set of Community Rules & Regulations